19 Aug 2009

PHP APC for Windows Download

PHP 41 Comments

PECL 4 Win has been down for quite a while making the search for some PHP extensions unnecessarily difficult. I’m offering this permanent APC download for not only my records, but to help others searching for it. As of August 19th, 2009, 3.1.3 is the latest beta version, and 3.0.19 is the latest stable.

Download php_apc (Windows 3.0.19 Stable)

Download php_apc (Windows 3.1.3 Beta)

For more information on APC, please visit the PECL page.

41 Responses to “PHP APC for Windows Download”

1. marcelo says:

gracias me ha sido de gran ayuda la extendion funciona sin ningun problema

2. Mohammad Rastkar says:

Many thanks. It’s no-where except here! ;)

3. Thaddee says:

Hi,

Try to make work latest APC with latest PHP 5.3.1
    But APC did no longer appear in PhpInfo()
    Someone have an idea ?

Regards,
    Thaddee

4. chad says:

Thaddee,

It seems that PHP 5.3.1 does not recognize APC 3.0.19 (or any other earlier versions), you will have to use APC 3.1.3 (the beta version)

5. Mike Valstar says:

I get that the version php was compiled against does not match the version APC was compiled against… any chance you can post how you built APC i keep getting an error when trying to build… or if you could post an updated dll

6. chad says:

I actually pulled these off PECL 4 Win before it went down. Works great on PHP version 5.2.9

If you want to compile your own, I recommend going to http://pecl.php.net/package/APC

7. Kai says:

I’m trying to use the latest beta you linked to with PHP 5.3.1, but no luck. The extension is not loaded. Did you put any APC related settings to your php.ini, because my php.ini has no settings for it?

8. chad says:

In your php.ini, make sure you have:

extension=php_apc.dll

Then in your /ext folder, rename the APC file you downloaded from here to: php_apc.dll

9. ALM says:

Same as Mike Valstar :(

10. Raj says:

Hi
    i am using Xampp 1.7.2 showing PHP 5.3.0 .

but still i am not able to use the Apc
    the foll message is displayed for
    1>For php_apc 3.0.19 version
    “the specified procedure could not be found !”

2> for 3.1.3 Beta
    ” PHP startup:apc: unable to initialize module
    Module complied with module API=20060613
    PHP complied with module API= 20090626
    These options need to match”

Basically i need to run Symphony which on checking configuration gives me these two warnings:

[[WARNING]] The posix_isatty() is available: FAILED
    *** Enable the php_posix extension (used to colorized the CLI output) ***

[[WARNING]] A PHP accelerator is installed: FAILED
    *** Install a PHP accelerator like APC (highly recommended) ***

how do i remove these two warnings ,
    problem1> i do not have a posix extension in my php.ini
    problem2> the apc give here are not working .
    Kindly help!!

11. chad says:

Try rolling back to version 5.2.x of PHP, the versions of APC posted here should work then.

12. Wael says:

can i somewhere download “apc.so” and put it on my server without compile it by meself ?
    does it work so ??

13. jason says:

rolling back to 5.211 works with 3.019 fine

14. Nopi says:

Many thanks for your sharing :)

15. StK says:

Great and a lot of thanks for this file !

16. Dulcinea says:

Hi Chad. I’m suffering because of the % of processor that my site is consuming.
    It is on Windows 2003, apache 2.2.1 and php 5.3.1.
    I’ve already installed the beta, but i’m wondering if I have to do some configuration around my php.ini.. Can you help me please? where can i found some docs about it?

17. chad says:

I unfortuantely cannot give you a solid reason of why this is happening. It can be any of these reasons:

-Processor is to slow
    -Using a un-optimized content management system
    -To many hits on your site
    -If on a shared server, your other sites are getting to much traffic
    -Image resizing, gzip’ing can cause high CPU load
    -etc etc etc

I hope one of those points you in the right direction. While APC helps, it’s not always the only optimization you have to make.

18. Ian says:

You wouldn’t happen to have a copy of php_apc.dll 3.1.2 (VC6 x86) lying around too would you?

The explanation why this is useful is a bit complicated but I’ll list some of the points. I’ve tried nearly all permuations of Apache/PHP/APC and nearly all have their problems but the best at the time of writing seems to be Apache 2.2.17/PHP 5.3.2/APC 3.1.3. APC 3.1.3 is the earliest that can currently be found on the APC “Pierre” site, so I couldn’t try 3.1.2, and it’s OK-ish but it has the “potential cache slam” problem and apparently 3.1.2 doesn’t have this.

All the later PHP/APC versions have issues for me too, e.g. PHP 5.3.6 requires moving to VC9, requiring the use of Apache Lounge’s VC9 Apache. Even testing this not too thoroughly gave some unable-to-restart issues in our environment, but in any case would require more extensive testing. Whilst PHP 5.3.5 is still has VC6 availability, all APCs after 3.1.3 failed our tests with this (e.g. either Apache crashed on exit or pages using APC upload progress didn’t work), and 3.1.7 and 3.1.8 are only available as VC9 builds. Hence the need for APC 3.1.2, please!

19. chad says:

I’m sorry but I do not have that version. Searching Google for the exact filename might turn up some results (in directory listings). Good luck on your search, and thanks for the information!

20. wajih says:

hi, i’m using php5.3.2 and i have the php_apc.dll ans php_posix extension missing !! i can’t rollin back to the 5.2.9 version because i’m using symphony 2/doctrine2.
    if somebody have an idea where can i download the php_apc and the php_posix (for windows) please advice me as soon as possible

Regards
    wajih

21. Tanguy says:

You can find the 3.1.8 compiled for PHP 5.3.5 VC6 TS here :

compiled with : –enable-apc=shared –enable-apc-srwlock-kernel=yes

i had to fix config.w32 :

- PHP_INSTALL_HEADERS(“ext/apc”, “apc_serializer.h”);
    + CHECK_HEADER_ADD_INCLUDE(‘apc_serializer.h’, ‘CFLAGS_APC’);

22. Brice - Development & Internet Manager says:

Thanks for your reply Tanguy! it works perfectly!

Is-it a beta or a stable version?

Regards

Brice

23. omar says:

Note what the PHP documentation says about the posix extension:

** This extension is not available on Windows platforms **

24. Ben says:

The following php_apc.dll extension seems to work for PHP 5.3.6 (x86, thread-safe, VC9):

25. ATL says:

@Ben, ty, u rock! ;-) It worked out for me with XAMPP 1.7.5b5 and PHP 5.3.6 with Symfony 2 check.php

Got few warnings to take care of now.
    [[WARNING]] Checking that the intl extension is available: FAILED

[[WARNING]] Checking that php.ini has short_open_tag set to off: FAILED

26. Ahmed says:

plz any one havve the file php_apc.dll for php 5.2.3.3.3 ?

27. wuzz says:

@Ben: Many thanks! ^_^

28. kenn0r says:

@Ben: thx thx thx thx ;)

29. Vladimir says:

Good time of he day , help me, How can I select php_apc.dll? PHP Version 5.3.3

30. Vladimir says:

And Where do I need to put this apc?

31. shivarajrh says:

I’m not succeeded with this file using XAMPP 5.3.6. so give the file for this software. so i can get help sir. I want upload progress. For queries please send meail to my mail “[email removed]” mail.

thank you.

32. chad says:

shivarajrh,

Make sure you use the 3.1.3 beta for newer versions of of PHP

33. chad says:

Vladimir,

You need to place it in the extensions folder for PHP (usually located at /php/ext/). Then in your php.ini file, enable the php_apc.dll file.

34. john jairo says:

I am using symfnoy 2, I get apc php.info installed, but check the console tells me that the installation failure of apc

helppppp…………….

35. Javier says:

john jairo… mail??

36. Athiruban S M says:

Thanks a lot.

:) After a long search I found this.

37. Alex says:

Javier you hero! the other links no longer worked!

38. Orelus says:

Merci beaucoup !

39. Satish says:

i am using xampp 1.7.3 ,How add acp ?